Colorado has a lot to offer, but there are a few “must-dos” that everyone who comes to this beautiful state has to try. According to the Denver Post, there are 10 top things to do in Colorado in your lifetime, ranging from concerts to rafting and much, much more
1) Climb a fourtneerner – Colorado has tons of them, like Mount Bierstadt (one of the easiest) and Long’s peak, which you can climb by moonlight if you feel adventurous.
2) Attend a concert at the Red Rocks.
3) Explore Mesa Verde, the ancient cliff dwellings of Colorado.
4) Relax at Strawberry Park Hot Springs.
5) Spend a day at the Great Sand Dunes National Park – You don’t need snow to snowboard!
6) Touch dinosaur tracks – Follow the prehistoric footsteps at Picketwire Canyonlands on the Comanche National Grasslands south of La Junta, or at Dinosaur Ridge in Morrison.
7) Listen to elk bugle at Rocky Mountain National Park during the September-October rutting season
8) Navigate a mountain road like Independence Pass or Mount Evans Scenic Byway
9) Board a train – ride one of the refurbished rail lines and take a ride into Colorado’s past.
10) Raft the Arkansas River – From easy floating, to class 5 rapids, the area’s many rafting companies have the trip to float your boat . . . literally!
Click here to read the full article: http://www.denverpost.com/style/ci_5054084